Emotional health is one of the six core components of a healthy state of being and this component is
crucial to many areas of our lives, including academics, work and interpersonal relationships.
The Emotional Wellness Masterclass is designed to teach participants aspects of emotional wellness
including identifying the origins of negative emotions and learning how to deal with them. Participants
will learn how to empower the true self and master the cognitive processes of developing positive
emotions. This masterclass is science-based i.e. all claims are backed up by scientific research and
A. INTRODUCTION TO EMOTIONAL HEALTH
- What is Emotional Wellness and Why is it important?
- Signs of Emotional Unhealthiness
- Actionable Tips on Improving Your Emotional Health
B. LEARNING OPTIMISM
- Introduction to Explanatory Styles – Pessimism and Optimism
- Exploring The Science
- Pessimism and Learned Helplessness
- How Pessimism Affects Us; Health, Relationships, Business
- Switching from pessimism to optimism, the ABCDE Model
C. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE SELF-CONCEPT
- Signs of A Negative Self-Concept
- How to Develop a Positive Self-Concept
- Finding Your Strengths
D. COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS AND THINKING TRAPS
- What Are Cognitive Distortions?
- Cognitive Distortions and Mental Health
- Identifying Your Cognitive Distortions
- Fixing Your Cognitive Distortions
E. STRESS MANAGEMENT
- Stress and Workplace Productivity
- Approaches to Stress Management
- Effective Stress Management Techniques
F. DEVELOPING RESILIENCE
- What is Resilience?
- The Seven Essential Resiliency Skills
- How to Develop Resilience
The principal objective of this Masterclass is to help participants understand and improve their own
emotional health. As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and take ownership of their emotions at all times.
- Master their mental processes.
- Develop a positive sense of self.
- Master the art and practice the art of optimism.
- Learn how to combat negative thinking.
- Understand the thinking traps present in others and know how to navigate them.
- Learn smart tools and techniques for dealing with stress.
- Develop and master the principles of resilience.
This course is completely self-paced – you can start and finish at your own pace. Most participants tend to complete it within 6 to 10 hours of study time.
Upon successful completion of the course module, a certificate of participation will be issued to you from the Centre for Emotional Wellness Africa.
Module 1: Emotional Wellness
What is emotional wellness and how does it affect our lives? Learn more here.
Module 2: Learning Optimism
Module 3: Strengthening Your Self-Concept
Module 4: Cognitive Distortions
Module 5: Stress Management
Module 6: Developing Resilience