- 1 student
- 42 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 hour duration
The Emotional Wellness Masterclass For Teenagers is designed to teach participants aspects of emotional wellness including identifying the origins of negative emotions and learning how to deal with them. Participants will learn how to empower the true self and master the cognitive processes of developing positive emotions. This masterclass is science-based i.e. all claims are backed up by scientific research and references.
A. INTRODUCTION TO EMOTIONAL HEALTH
- What is Emotional Wellness and Why is it important?
- Signs of Emotional Unhealthiness in Teenagers
- Actionable Tips on Improving Your Emotional Health
B. LEARNING OPTIMISM
- Introduction to Explanatory Styles – Pessimism and Optimism
- Exploring The Science
- Pessimism and Learned Helplessness
- How Pessimism Affects Us; Health, Interpersonal Relationships, Academics
- Switching from pessimism to optimism, the ABCDE Model
C. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE SELF-CONCEPT
- Signs of A Negative Self-Concept
- How A Negative Self-Concept Affects Teenagers in Today’s World
- How to Develop a Positive Self-Concept
- Finding Your Strengths
D. COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS AND THINKING TRAPS
- What Are Cognitive Distortions?
- Cognitive Distortions and Mental Health
- Identifying Your Cognitive Distortions
- Fixing Your Cognitive Distortions
E. STRESS MANAGEMENT
- Stress and Academic Excellence
- Approaches to Stress Management
- Effective Stress Management Techniques
F. DEVELOPING RESILIENCE
- What is Resilience?
- Resilience and Academic Achievement
- The Seven Essential Resiliency Skills
- How to Develop Resilience
As a result of this course, you will be able to;
- Identify and take ownership of their emotions at all times.
- Master their mental processes.
- Develop a positive sense of self.
- Master the art and practice the art of optimism.
- Learn how to combat negative thinking.
- Understand the thinking traps present in others and know how to navigate them
- Learn smart tools and techniques for dealing with stress.
- Develop and master the principles of resilience.
This course is completely self-paced – you can start and finish at your own pace. Most participants tend to complete it within 6 to 10 hours of study time.
Upon successful completion of the course module, a certificate of participation will be issued to you from the Centre for Emotional Wellness Africa.
Module 1: Emotional Wellness
Module 2: Learning Optimism
Module 3: Strengthening Your Self-Concept
Module 4: Cognitive Distortions
Module 5: Stress Management
Module 6: Developing Resilience
0.00 average based on 0 ratings